Graduates from different scientific areas can apply to the Masters of the Católica Porto Business School.
The application process to the Masters of the Católica Porto Business School must contain elements that provide evidence of the academic and scientific competence of the candidates, as well as the command of the English language. The GMAT test is valued in the selection process to assess the academic and scientific skills
Applicants will be selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic and scientific curriculum
- Degree classification
- Professional experience or research
English language competence requirement
Proof of this requirement is made through an official level B2 diploma of The Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of References for Languages, or equivalent.
Admitted students who do not meet the English language proficiency requirement have access to a diagnostic test available at the Católica Porto Business School in the respective application stage.
The English diagnostic test is an examination equivalent to level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference (upper-intermediate) .The test lasts for approximately 3 hours and the structure of the exam aims to assess the following skills: Listening Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading and Writing. For a better insight into the structure of the diagnostic test, model tests may be consulted on the website of Cambridge Michigan and the candidates may select the test that corresponds to the ECCE - Examination for the Certificate of Competence in English.
- Listening Comprehension
- Reading and Writing
The graduates in different fields of economics and management may be required attendance and approval in intensive base preparation courses in these areas - Homogenisation Modules. These courses are offered by the Católica Porto Business School in September, during the weeks preceding the start of the lessons.
It is recommended, therefore, to the Applicants under these conditions that use one of the first two stages of application since the third phase will not allow access to Homogenisation modules.
Applications - 2017/18
Applications for Masters of the Católica Porto Business School are permanently open.
The Programme Direction meets three times a year to assess the applications: March, July and September. After this meeting, candidates are informed of the decision and the next steps.
|Round||Deadline for applying||Assessment Period||Results||English Diagnostic test |
|1st||March, 15th||20 - 24 March||Until March, 31st||April, 7th - 6.30 pm|
|2nd||July, 4th||11 - 17 July||Until July, 21st||July, 26th - 6.30pm|
|3rd||September, 13th||14 - 18 September||Until September, 20th||September, 22nd - 6.30pm|
Documentation for the Application Process
- Application form
- Identification Document photocopy
- One photograph
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Detailed* Qualifications certificate (original or certified copy)
- Official diploma of English, official level B2 of The Council of Europe’s Common European Framework of References for Languages, or equivalent diploma (TOEFL, IELTS, FCE ou CAE). Católica Porto Business School graduates are exempted from presenting this diploma.
- Complementary evaluation elements (e.g., GMAT ...)
*Certificates must specify the courses taken, their assessment and ECTS, and the final grade of the course. If you have not completed a degree, you must present a certificate of the courses taken, their assessment and ECTS, and the current average.
- Applicants who held a degree in a foreign country must submit the certificate of qualifications: a) legalised by Portuguese diplomatic or consular authority, or b) with the Hague Apostille issued by the competent authority of the issuing country, if that country has acceded the Convention Abolishing the Requirement of Legalisation for Foreign Public Acts (the Hague Conference).
- When the documents are written in a foreign language other than Spanish, English or French, the respective translation is due which, in the case of the certificate of qualifications, must be made pursuant to the notarial law.
Submission of Proposals
Applications may be submitted by hand delivery at Católica Porto Business School Academic Office or sent by e-mail to email@example.com.
If sent by e-mail, the original documents should be presented before the registration date.
Academic Office | Opening Hours:
Monday to Friday:
2:15 - 4:15 p.m.| 6:00 – 8:00 p.m
Online applications: available soon
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Tel: 800 105 632 | +351 226 196 206